• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Latest Photos + 2 time lapses + 2 Star trails :)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

z0b
  • z0b
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: Sup?
    • Last active: Apr 01 2017 12:12 PM
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:55 AM

I made my first time lapses.I should have made them a bit longer and I should have captured something more interested.(no tripod)I'm really welcome to any kind of suggestions.These time lapses were more like test time lapses.

f69caa6d5c6c2b9438518b6b533e89fb.jpg

457e9bd37fe6c27a8d2fae750117a19e.jpg

92c6ae20a56c7c4c28206de4800a69f8.jpg

c35937bb8ca0c5b1e88a3e05a3cb202e.jpg

ac5650424e689ffc6d94b4ecae24aaa2.jpg

5113db385aea62283def905c4066bd35.jpg

c6b1659a772f538261ad2bc0e523246c.jpg

8a3dde34bbeaa13fe902233070e50512.jpg

d75fbaed78f534f15fb4715b4d8128c6.jpg

1b216ca72df27c8f6c19aa33b2f85ef3.jpg

2.png

Neurology
    • Last active: Jun 02 2016 04:24 PM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

you missed in lots of dem pics the focus, focus on focussing XD. uuh anyhow, glad to see you experimenting, keep it up!

Edited by Neurology, 12 August 2015 - 08:27 AM.

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif?t

z0b
  • z0b
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

you missed in lots of dem pics the focus, focus on focussing XD. uuh anyhow, glad to see you experimenting, keep it up!

A bit disappointing to hear that :S But I must try harder then :D As you said got to focus on focusing :)

Thank you!

2.png

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Your focus is hit or miss. For still subjects I prefer using autofocus while manually selecting a focus point on my viewfinder. Faster moving subjects usually move too fast for autofocus to keep up with, in which case I use a rapid shutter. While the shutter is releasing I move my focus slightly while trying to keep a frame around the subject. At least one shot may or may not make it into your portfolio. If not, wait, and try again. Hope that helps. Good luck :) 

Also really keep in mind what is going on in your canvas. Your star photos look cool, but the telephone lines keep me distracted from the point.

Edited by Yang, 12 August 2015 - 06:28 PM.

z0b
  • z0b
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

Your focus is hit or miss. For still subjects I prefer using autofocus while manually selecting a focus point on my viewfinder. Faster moving subjects usually move too fast for autofocus to keep up with, in which case I use a rapid shutter. While the shutter is releasing I move my focus slightly while trying to keep a frame around the subject. At least one shot may or may not make it into your portfolio. If not, wait, and try again. Hope that helps. Good luck :) 

Also really keep in mind what is going on in your canvas. Your star photos look cool, but the telephone lines keep me distracted from the point.

Sorry for l8 reply.I was on a trip, didn't find time to answer.I tried to put more effort on focusing and I believe that I got my focusing right with photos I made while being on the trip.

I try to keep in mind what's on my canvas.I knew that these internet cables wouldn't look nice on the photo but I was doing a star time lapse.I don't have a tripod yet.. so I had to make it trough the window and there was no way I could move those internet cables :)

2.png

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

its quite an easy fix, just photoshop them out. 2min work

z0b
  • z0b
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

its quite an easy fix, just photoshop them out. 2min work

I know, that's what I thought I will do but.... tooo lazy atm :D

Edited by z0b, 07 September 2015 - 01:19 PM.

2.png

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

• z0b likes this

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

I know, that's what I though I will do but.... tooo lazy atm :D

I hate to say it, but this attitude is going to hinder you so much in the long run. 

When someone takes the time to point out things that could help you, don't make excuses for the things they point out that you know and admit are flaws. Am I asking you to go back on your vacation to fix your mistakes? Absolutely not. I'm hoping that the next time you whip out your camera, you're more conscious of things that are keeping you from creating something more beautiful. I don't post my advise for you to follow to the T, nor do I expect you to revisit past subjects to shoot photos the way I like. What I do expect however is for you to take at least a little bit of what I say in mind, so that the next time you shoot a star photo or plant photo, or what have you, you think "Why did my previous photo not capture my audience? How can I make this work without having a cluttered canvas? What can I take with me to help me achieve the look I want? How can I make this look better than before?" 
The moment you become comfortable with your work, is the very moment something needs to be improved. 

Also a little tip: You may not be able to move cables, but you can move yourself. There's a lot of sky. Explore a little before settling for the perfect shot... Work for it. 

Edited by Yang, 07 September 2015 - 10:32 AM.

• z0b likes this

z0b
  • z0b
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I hate to say it, but this attitude is going to hinder you so much in the long run. 

When someone takes the time to point out things that could help you, don't make excuses for the things they point out that you know and admit are flaws. Am I asking you to go back on your vacation to fix your mistakes? Absolutely not. I'm hoping that the next time you whip out your camera, you're more conscious of things that are keeping you from creating something more beautiful. I don't post my advise for you to follow to the T, nor do I expect you to revisit past subjects to shoot photos the way I like. What I do expect however is for you to take at least a little bit of what I say in mind, so that the next time you shoot a star photo or plant photo, or what have you, you think "Why did my previous photo not capture my audience? How can I make this work without having a cluttered canvas? What can I take with me to help me achieve the look I want? How can I make this look better than before?" 
The moment you become comfortable with your work, is the very moment something needs to be improved. 

Also a little tip: You may not be able to move cables, but you can move yourself. There's a lot of sky. Explore a little before settling for the perfect shot... Work for it. 

Every time I take a shot I always think what has been said here - check what's going on canvas - focus on focussing and so on.
Now when I look at that star photo with wires, I really don't like it at all because there's lack of the star trails and that's probably why I really didn't want to edit it ( I think I kinda failed with that photo, no idea why I even posted it )  + I guess I am a bit lazy too.But atm football and studying are the primary things, I don't have that much time.I just started gymnasium and now I'll have to be sure to start well.I am really sorry if I've taken some suggestions a bit too easy or I just haven't remembered it.

And I really do appreciate all the help you guys have given to me.

2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users