• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Permission agreement of selling my art work [new to this]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MightyKitten
    • Group: New Member
    • Last active: May 03 2016 05:55 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

I wanted to sell my motion graphic but I don't know how to do or set up permission usage/copyright usage

scoxqCT.gif

Edited by MightyKitten, 22 May 2015 - 04:05 AM.

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:15 AM

I wanted to sell my motion graphic but I don't know how to do or set up permission usage/copyright usage

scoxqCT.gif

Idk about how to and stuff.

But you won't be able to sell your stuff here.

Onecanvas is pretty much a sharing community we try to avoid selling as much as possible.

Perhaps sites like Graphic River I have heard before, but idk much about that stuff tough.

As for knowing were you can/can't sell idk but I think there are guides and stuff on other sites and fora

We had a small discussion on this topic here were some members suggest sites and what not.

this can be found here.

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

MightyKitten
    • Group: New Member
    • Last active: May 03 2016 05:55 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Idk about how to and stuff.

But you won't be able to sell your stuff here.

Onecanvas is pretty much a sharing community we try to avoid selling as much as possible.

Perhaps sites like Graphic River I have heard before, but idk much about that stuff tough.

As for knowing were you can/can't sell idk but I think there are guides and stuff on other sites and fora

We had a small discussion on this topic here were some members suggest sites and what not.

this can be found here.

I wasn't selling on here, just asking about the whole permission agreement - I have already ran into people reselling things of mine

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:28 AM

I wasn't selling on here, just asking about the whole permission agreement - I have already ran into people reselling things of mine

Ahh I see, I apologize for my incompetence in reading XD.

Anyways I think you are talking about the whole copyright stuff.

Well pretty much you sell it they buy it, so the customer of course own the piece of art so they can do what they want with it.

HOWEVER, they may own the artwork itself they don't own the rights to it those are still yours (at least if it is copyrighted).

So if the art is copyrighted and the person who bought it sells it he violates the therms of use. So in that case you could take legal measure's

But you can never completely stop people selling your artwork or claiming that they made it and take credit for it. 

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

Just report them on whatever site they are reusing them and provide proof that you made it

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

Using creative commons is a great start. Having your own site where rules for sharing are clear is important if you're doing alot if things. The internet is impossible to policy... But graphics sites, like OC, are happy to remove theft.

When people report crap to me as stolen, I want dated website links as proof. Having such helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users