• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

SOTW #47

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

SOTW #47

Theme: Freestyle (no theme)

From now on,

and till further notice all SOTW's will be freestyle.

Meaning that you can enter with anything if it fits into the general rules.

+ I would like to ask you guys if you want the SOTW alternating each week, meaning 1 week freestyle and the other week a theme or set render?

- You must have at least 20 posts to enter.

- You have 7 days to enter the contest.

- You must Private Message the signature to Muppie.

Do not post your signature elsewhere on the site until the competition ends. If we see it elsewhere, it won't be accepted in the competition.

Do not submit someone else's work. We WILL find out. I am in countless signature groups and forums and I will find out.

- Do not submit Pre-made signatures.

No collaborationsThis is to test your own skill not others

- Do not submit Works In Process. Only completed pieces.

Don't half-ass it. Submit only your best work

- You can add text to the signature but nothing that shows who made it

S.O.T.W. ENDS ON 30 March 2015

Winner From Last Week:

Entry number 3 (with 6 votes)

BYNN

gCtbx.png

And an Honorable Mention

Vit4min

tAkU9sd.png

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

IXA
  • IXA
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jan 15 2017 01:56 AM

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

Yash! Good week, two separate SOTW wins(with two diff sigs of course) Thanks! :016:

Good luck everyone. 

SleeN
    • Title: Just Burn and Burn
    • Last active: Oct 17 2016 11:28 AM
      • LocationPortugal

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

Yash! Good week, two separate SOTW wins(with two diff sigs of course) Thanks! :016:

Good luck everyone. 

I love your style bro, congrats on the win

flocke
    • Title: Cookie Killer
    • Last active: Mar 20 2016 06:20 AM
      • LocationUnder your bed

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

+ I would like to ask you guys if you want the SOTW alternating each week, meaning 1 week freestyle and the other week a theme or set render?

yes, dammit!

I feel like you guys noticed that it's freakin' boring, huh? Freestyle is not a competition... competition means doing your best at something you're not the best at.

SOTW is like the rest of the forum now - except that no one knows who made it... and that's not even right, you know who made some of the sigs because of the choice of the render and the style they used. So SOTW is like the rest of the forum now and everyone knows who made the sigs, so... yes, what's the matter of it then?

I wonder why you even bother to write (well, copy) all that sh*t down every freakin' time. It's always the same and it's boring. Every time I open a SOTW thread I hope that there's something that took "Theme: Freestyle (no theme)"'s place, but there isn't. Why? Does it take all your effort to write something like "Theme: Water" or "Theme: Bubbles" or choose a random render? Is it really that easier for you?

I won't bother making a signature in a timeline and wait for the competition to start when I can do and show the exact same signature whenever the f**k I want - that's the point. You won't get any inspiration from the word "Freestyle", so is it worth sitting down on your desk, starting your computer (after coming home from a job where you sit on your desk and look at your screen all day) and start to search for renders and inspiration? Or at the weekend, is it worth sitting there in your room all alone except for doing stuff with your friends you haven't seen for what feels like a decade? No, it's not, so I won't do it.

That's nearly all I can say about what I think of "Freestyle" as a "competition".

You should've kept it closed except for doing it this way now - and I don't think I'm the only one with this kind of opinion.

Start a poll, ask the members what they want, and compromise. Maybe you'll get a higher number of participants then, and everyone will be happy.

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

yes, dammit!

I feel like you guys noticed that it's freakin' boring, huh? Freestyle is not a competition... competition means doing your best at something you're not the best at.

SOTW is like the rest of the forum now - except that no one knows who made it... and that's not even right, you know who made some of the sigs because of the choice of the render and the style they used. So SOTW is like the rest of the forum now and everyone knows who made the sigs, so... yes, what's the matter of it then?

I wonder why you even bother to write (well, copy) all that sh*t down every freakin' time. It's always the same and it's boring. Every time I open a SOTW thread I hope that there's something that took "Theme: Freestyle (no theme)"'s place, but there isn't. Why? Does it take all your effort to write something like "Theme: Water" or "Theme: Bubbles" or choose a random render? Is it really that easier for you?

I won't bother making a signature in a timeline and wait for the competition to start when I can do and show the exact same signature whenever the f**k I want - that's the point. You won't get any inspiration from the word "Freestyle", so is it worth sitting down on your desk, starting your computer (after coming home from a job where you sit on your desk and look at your screen all day) and start to search for renders and inspiration? Or at the weekend, is it worth sitting there in your room all alone except for doing stuff with your friends you haven't seen for what feels like a decade? No, it's not, so I won't do it.

That's nearly all I can say about what I think of "Freestyle" as a "competition".

You should've kept it closed except for doing it this way now - and I don't think I'm the only one with this kind of opinion.

Start a poll, ask the members what they want, and compromise. Maybe you'll get a higher number of participants then, and everyone will be happy.

Agreed :)

Il discuss the poll thingy with Darius.

I think itl be fun to make a poll in the voting post.

Thank you for your opinion :)

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Neurology
    • Last active: Jun 02 2016 04:24 PM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

i will start participating again when ther comes a theme or render thing. 

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif?t

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

i will start participating again when ther comes a theme or render thing. 

Then it was nice of you to participate so far but it stays freestyle. This is not a bloody revolution here lol

vit4min
    • Last active: Nov 09 2015 04:45 PM
      • LocationGermany

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

imo its better to make themes like: sigs of a certain color base, stars, cars, movies etc.

and not set renders because some ppl might not like the given render and have no motivation to enter

but i have nothing against freestyle, too.

z0b
  • z0b
    • Title: Sup?
    • Last active: Apr 01 2017 12:12 PM
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:51 AM

I know I'm not very active here, but if I were more active I'd definitely prefer theme or render :)

E// Daamn this guy below should try writing a book  :th_084_:

Edited by z0b, 30 March 2015 - 10:17 AM.

2.png

faux
    • Title: House Beoulve
    • Last active: May 23 2015 05:04 PM

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Sure, I wanted be rid of the set render thing but I recall my solution was to rotate it, which you did,  yeah (every 2 SotWs, was it? I don't  remember). But it's definitely better if you still had set renders as it is kinda the 'thing' here (how I see it, at least). Like, you can submit any spare signature you have into a freestyle SotW, and it would not help this community specifically. Since these signatures could be from anywhere and made for a different competition instead of here. But set renders are a nice thing because it means all of the entries were specifically made for this community. Granted, the trade off being there  are particular types of renders people prefer using and whatnot so participation is lower. 

I'd say pick alternating freestyle and set render. No themes for maximum boons for people who just want to participate and people who want to be challenged.  When you have BS themes like set color or favorite actor or anime or etc, it's more boring than freestyle, IMO. If you think about it, those type of themes are still essentially freestyle, but with theme. No real point.

I think style-based themes like smudge, glitch, texture, collage, DP, vexel, C4D, etc. are most interesting, though these types often have the lower turnout than Freestyle anyhow. So you might as well advocate for Freestyle than themes if you are seeking challenge.

I suppose the core underlying issue is the lack of participants. And I think the SotW helps bring and maintain people who want to challenge themselves against others, but this also means bringing more skill to the table (no offence) in order to  encourage and inspire. So in order to grow this, having a palatable StoW helps in the long haul.

I think a bulk ok new active members are found through different dialogues, and the SotW instead plays more of a supporting role. 

Hmmm... that's my 2c.

Edited by faux, 29 March 2015 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users