• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Shirobako Review [SPOILER ALERT]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SeeJay
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jul 02 2015 11:51 PM
      • LocationIn a box

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

Summary:

This anime starts out as five girls working together by making an anime. Aoi Miyamori was the director, Ema Yasuhara was the animator, Shizuka Sakaki was the main voice actress, Misa Todo was the animation operator, and Imai Midori the script writer. They successfully made an anime during their high school years, but then they grew up and went separate ways for their careers (Please note that they're still friends, just they don't work together). So this anime is about five of them working in the anime industry, or at least to get in an anime industry.

Aoi Miyamori: ztzw28.png

She's the production assistant for Musasino Animation. She always work her butt off, but yet she remains to stay positive and cheerful. Without her, I bet Musasino Animation would have a tighter schedule than what they have now, and their schedule is already tight! 

Ema Yasuhara: 2rcl84p.png

She's still an animator, but works for Musasino Animation as well. She's a bit shy, but she's very diligent and always serious when it comes to work. Later on in the anime her diligent-ness becomes a serious problem and people was starting to get worry for her.

Shizuka Sakaki: 1g2g5j.png

She's a work-in-progress for becoming a voice actress. She's very fun type, but she's a bit stubborn when it comes to her own emotions. Later on in the anime she went to an audition to get a part for an anime, but she failed and didn't know whether to cry or to stay positive. Instead she just got drunk with her friends at her work (LOL).

Misa Todo: 2ce4xfq.png

She's a 3DCG (3D Computer Graphics) designer and works for a well-known production called Supermedia Creations. I guess you can say she's open-minded and a hard worker. Later on in the anime you will see her making wheels for cars on her computer and...more wheels....and more wheels, but that's where it crossed the line for her. She didn't join Supermedia Creations to make wheels for the rest of her life. She wanted to make an animation with her skills. So, she decided to quit her dream job. I wonder what she's going to do after she finished her project at Supermedia Creations?

Imai Midori: 2m6pfkw.png

She's a college student and also an aspiring writer. Even though she's the youngest one out of the five she acts very mature and she's also adventurous when something interest her. The only thing that she's doing right now in the anime is supporting her friends and studying for college. But, since she's one of the protagonist characters so we all know she'll do something later on in the anime.

The reason why I say this is interesting is because this is a splice-of-life. Splice-of-life means it had happen to someone in real life before. So watching an anime that makes animes is very not only cool to watch, but also understand how anime is made, or at least know the same concept of making an anime.

My favorite episode so far in this anime would have to be episode 10. Aoi went to a sound studio to give them some type of instrument, but she ended up helping them for a bit. Especially when she had to make a roaring sound (LOL).

I also can't forget about this scene~

tumblr_necdfvlPnC1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

UnbalancedTheory
    • Last active: May 19 2015 12:01 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

Might consider binge-watching this during my winter holidays. Not too sure if it's my type of an anime, but watching something light-hearted once in a while should be a refreshing experience. Thanks for the review!

JK5qubZ.png

SeeJay
    • Last active: Jul 02 2015 11:51 PM
      • LocationIn a box

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Might consider binge-watching this during my winter holidays. Not too sure if it's my type of an anime, but watching something light-hearted once in a while should be a refreshing experience. Thanks for the review!

Exactly! After watching so much actions like Darker then Black, Trinity Seven, Akame ga Kill!, and etc, it's good to slow down the pace of watching anime and this was the one.  :f529a952:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users