• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Is PSD to HTML worth investing any time into?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Simplex
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: May 01 2016 08:43 AM
      • LocationEngland

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ok, I'm sorry this may be placed in the wrong thread, but I wanted to start a discussion. Before I began work in Graphic Design, I worked with Web Design. I never really knew all that much about Photoshop. I had the CS3 version of Adobe and I used to make websites from scratch within Dreamweaver. Later, after a year, I discovered PSD to HTML. The idea of designing your website in Photoshop before hard coding it into HTML. So I began working with this. This is what lead me to Graphic design and I soon lost sight of web design, I generally just lost interest. But now, I am beginning to appreciate the skill of web design again and I'm looking forward to get back into it. Though everywhere I look on the internet, all I see is "PSD to HTML is Dead". What should I do? Go back to writing code? Or keep up the tradition of PSD to HTML?

Thank you, and hopefully you guys can help me out. Especially some of the more experienced of you.

- Simplex

8DynCBJ.png

EKHcBVj.png

141488.png?30

MUCH SIGNATURE. SO INTENSE. WOW.

Melo
    • Group: New Member
    • Last active: Jun 06 2015 01:45 PM
      • LocationPoland

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'm may be not most experienced member here. But I find PSD to HTML pretty annoying.
Even tho I convert my project into an HTML file, I have to edit my code deeply to get the result I expect.

For beginners it seems to simplify things, but for me it gets more complicated. So to summarize everything, If you're familiar to web-coding and you started from it, it's better to write a website.

You know on what you're working and where to edit.

Simplex
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: May 01 2016 08:43 AM
      • LocationEngland

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'm may be not most experienced member here. But I find PSD to HTML pretty annoying.
Even tho I convert my project into an HTML file, I have to edit my code deeply to get the result I expect.

For beginners it seems to simplify things, but for me it gets more complicated. So to summarize everything, If you're familiar to web-coding and you started from it, it's better to write a website.

You know on what you're working and where to edit.

Very true. Just another reason I posted this was because I though of making some PSD "mockups" on my channel. For me, the PSD section is much quicker than the coding. So I might just make a few anyway even if I dont use them!

8DynCBJ.png

EKHcBVj.png

141488.png?30

MUCH SIGNATURE. SO INTENSE. WOW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users