• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

recently taken

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Neurology
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jun 02 2016 04:24 PM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

autumn_by_neurologics-d86ls3v.jpgmoss_by_neurologics-d86lrzd.jpgdominating_cat_by_neurologics-d86lrk7.jp

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif?t

Xtacy
    • Title: Overdose
    • Last active: Jul 04 2017 07:10 PM
      • LocationMy World

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

1st is okay. 2nd one is pretty cool and 3rd one would have been much better if it was focused on the face of the cat. I'm not a professional just giving my 2 cents. 

2ap44i.jpg

DA:http://xtacyoverdose.deviantart.com/

If you wanna collab, battle  or need any help pm me :3

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:46 PM

1st is okay. 2nd one is pretty cool and 3rd one would have been much better if it was focused on the face of the cat. I'm not a professional just giving my 2 cents. 

thnx, always take a couple of photo's whit different focusing points and I dont know why but i liked this one the best(talkingaboutthethird)

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

I really like the colours in the second. Not really a fan of the first and third. The issue for me in the first is that it's too cluttered, especially in the space above. The thing with trees and foliage is that they can sometimes demand the attention of your subject. The house below, and the foliage above feel, to me, like they're competing for my attention. Likewise for the second. You have a subject out of focus, and something almost irrelevant in focus. It feels like they're competing for attention. While compositional rules, in my book, are meant to be broken, I think they should still be given a little respect. If you choose to break the dejure compositional rules I think you should consider the most effective and above all else, the most attractive way to break them. Otherwise we just have images without thought. 

Don't take this all to heart, your photos are awesome. You don't have to feel the need to defend them. If you appreciate them, than that's quite enough. :) 

Edited by Yang, 18 November 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

I really like the colours in the second. Not really a fan of the first and third. The issue for me in the first is that it's too cluttered, especially in the space above. The thing with trees and foliage is that they can sometimes demand the attention of your subject. The house below, and the foliage above feel, to me, like they're competing for my attention. Likewise for the second. You have a subject out of focus, and something almost irrelevant in focus. It feels like they're competing for attention. While compositional rules, in my book, are meant to be broken, I think they should still be given a little respect. If you choose to break the dejure compositional rules I think you should consider the most effective and above all else, the most attractive way to break them. Otherwise we just have images without thought. 

Don't take this all to heart, your photos are awesome. You don't have to feel the need to defend them. If you appreciate them, than that's quite enough. :) 

thnx for your constructive critique,  I marked in your quote a sentence which I don't understand, what is wrong whit the focus in the second photo?

Edited by Neurology, 18 November 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Sorry, I meant the third photo. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users