• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Stock Photo Site (Sister Site Idea)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hola!

As you know... We like sites around user generated content. It's fun. It makes people creative.

One of the ideas that I've been considering way before we even wanted to make OneCanvas is a Stock Imagery site. Since OC has a lot of photographers I think it can be a helpful addition to the family in more ways than one.

First off this site will be based on a Free/Paid concept. Users will submit their work that they want to have on display agree to a simple contract and go from there. All images (unless expressly requested otherwise) will be available in a lower format for free non-commercial use. The more improve quality will be available for commercial use for a fee. Currently the idea is to have a 75:25 (Artist:Site) split of sales.

The concept will be beneficial for people who can't get listed on the major stock imagery sites and could provide to be a little more profitable as you won't be paid pennies.

I've not worked out all the ideas on this yet, but I'd like to have something going before the end of the year.

Let me know what you think... as well as potential ideas for this project.

Neurology
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jun 02 2016 04:24 PM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hallo,

Its a great idea I think to encourage OC members to start photographing and to keep the ones doing it already doing it. I surelly help filling the gallery just for the heck of it, not for the commurcial side.. I love (and i think a lot of current OC menbers) to help you guys setting up a new project! Anyways.. Im fully supporting this idea.(for what it worth is)

Goodluck doing moo stuff....

Cheers,  :th_v38:

Edited by Neurology, 21 July 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif?t

Lemonish
    • Title: ze fabulous
    • Last active: Jul 18 2016 01:31 PM
      • Locationuranus

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I do like the idea, but it will need lots of effort to bring the site to people's attention. Also, I didn't get it exactly, do we choose whether or not the content we submit is for free? because if you expect someone to pay for something he can be getting for free, it needs to be perfect and professional. However, I will gladly do what I can to help this project. Good luck.

96674cc62f4cb034701d5b4f45595fca.png

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I do like the idea, but it will need lots of effort to bring the site to people's attention. Also, I didn't get it exactly, do we choose whether or not the content we submit is for free? because if you expect someone to pay for something he can be getting for free, it needs to be perfect and professional. However, I will gladly do what I can to help this project. Good luck.

Generally speaking all images will be free and commercial.

If you're doing work for a client or you're a business... You MUST buy the image to use it.

If you're wanting to fuck around you can use the lower quality image.

Say you need a tree out of a background for something fun you're working on... You download the free copy and cut it out. Now the free copy is less quality than the full original.

If you're making a piece for a client and you're charging then you're legally obligated to pay. Generally speaking... people are pretty good about this. We will have clear licenses set up for people to understand.

And seriously Lemon? Can't you get another fucking signature. 80mb or so? It took me like 5 minutes or more to even load that. -_- You're killing my shit connection.

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

+1 for this idea

I know places we can spread this, and we can promote the **** out of it on DA... 

Posted Image

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

I like it :D

Btw why is this in this section if you are planning in doing it? shouldn't it be in announcements then?

Il pm you if I think of smthng

+1 for this idea

I know places we can spread this, and we can promote the **** out of it on DA... 

You forget of one of our stronger marketing posstitions.

Namely something called "Baka arts"

He just makes a manip tutorial using a stock from their site and just tells how to get it.

And bam!

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Baka
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

He just makes a manip tutorial using a stock from their site and just tells how to get it.

And bam!

this. I can put the link in all my vids, make vids, promote the fuck out of it.

Wont be a problem getting traffic

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

I like it :D

Btw why is this in this section if you are planning in doing it? shouldn't it be in announcements then?

Il pm you if I think of smthng

And bam!

this. I can put the link in all my vids, make vids, promote the **** out of it.

Wont be a problem getting traffic

What baka will get is people who use the stocks and not necessarily people who take the photographs because of the nature of his channel.

What I meant by promoting on DA is getting the photographers to upload some of their stocks to our site ;)

But yeah, it's just an all around good idea, and if it helps to pay for OneCanvas then it's even better =)

Speaking of which, I need to buy VIP when I get my paycheck -_-

Posted Image

Zeast
    • Title: Sleepy
    • Last active: Oct 14 2016 08:09 AM
      • LocationThe Studio

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Holla, Hi Moo.

+1 for this idea. I have many pictures to share with OC user. and maybe you guys never see any photo like that.  :52b44be5:

MhOcbP9.png

"There's no Dream Limitation"

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

What baka will get is people who use the stocks and not necessarily people who take the photographs because of the nature of his channel.

What I meant by promoting on DA is getting the photographers to upload some of their stocks to our site ;)

But yeah, it's just an all around good idea, and if it helps to pay for OneCanvas then it's even better =)

Speaking of which, I need to buy VIP when I get my paycheck -_-

Well my friend...

Well I think this is still a commercial site so buyers are really important.

And well if people want they can just share their stocks on OC.

But you are right stock suppliers are important but they won't be interested if noone buys of there...

It's much like TV if you know what i mean ;P

More viewers means more company's that want to air commercials on your channel (wich means more money)

But still it is best to make the site known to everyone possible.

wich results in a better name ;P

so that's what I meant

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

I don't feel that sellers will be difficult to come by. Since there is no cost to them for listing their work, there will be no loss to them. Plenty of people can not get listed on some of the bigger stock sites so the market is there.

Sure, the YouTube channel will be an avenue of traffic. But I hope to get it to a level to where we can actually do proper paid marketing for it.

Users can still give away their stocks for free. However, we will encourage them to send people to our site instead for two reasons... One, they can set a free options. Two, they can make money. There is more in it for them to use us than giving them away completely free.

The actual amount of money the artist will get is rather high. Unless I change the system... The current concept is a pretty great deal. Plus they get license management.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users