• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

SOTW Changing Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Normin
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jul 14 2014 05:03 PM
      • LocationOman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

I was going through the announcement section and read the pinned post about SOTW so, I had an idea about ranking then, in the end a person suggested it and you said let it debut. Since now time passed so, I would like to suggest some changing's for SOTW  that are mentioned below:

` Categorize  into three levels
` Rookie/Beginner, Intermediate, Experienced
` If a person wins 3 times in a row then he will be promoted to the next level
` If a person is in experienced level and he wins 3 in a row then he will not be allowed to enter in sotw for 2 weeks.
` There will be three different themes or one same theme for all levels.
I hope you will take this suggestion in consideration.

I personally suggest to have save theme 

Gman
    • Last active: Oct 04 2015 08:46 AM
      • LocationHell

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

It seems like a silly idea. First of, it complicates things A LOT. 
Second of, if this idea does happen, then how can you decide who's already in intermediate or experienced levels? Do you base it on previous SOTWs? What if the person doesn't want to level up?

If you start everyone from zero, that means that at least 6 (at minimum) weeks must pass for that guy to participate in SOTW

" If a person is in experienced level and he wins 3 in a row then he will not be allowed to enter in sotw for 2 weeks." . That's just silly. That means no one will want to win 3 times in a row, since that means he won't be able to participate next time.

Besides, not that many people participate in SOTW, so dividing them to 3 categories will reduce the competition. 

Besides, as I said in the beginning, why complicate things if there's already a good system? 

DON'T FIX WHAT'S NOT BROKEN.

kf03dc.jpg

Normin
      • LocationOman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

I feel a lot of negative attitude but it's your opinion. It's not complicated, you just have to categorize or just let the people decide in which category they want to be if a beginner join sotw and obvious he will lose so, why he should participate and let the discouragement come across himself. On the contrary if a beginner will win in his category he will be encouraged and he will be more dedicated towards his work. About not allowed to join in SOTW is because other can get chance to win but if he is wining from a good competition then he will be allowed. Everyone know who is a expert and who is beginner.

So, it's not a big mess it's just how you think and still you think it's mess then let me tell you that I just gave a plot there can be changes if good ideas are brought up. Maybe every player is allowed to enter in sotw always and there can be 2 categorize. I am not saying it's broken but it's not completely fit also.

Edited by Normin, 18 June 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Gman
    • Last active: Oct 04 2015 08:46 AM
      • LocationHell

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'll repeat by saying, don't fix what's not broken. The system is good as it is, and all sites I know use the system Baka uses in SOTW. Sure there's sometimes more space as for what the size and themes are, but it's basically it.

I'll just wait till Baka/Fireclaw/SirMoo replies to see what he thinks. 

kf03dc.jpg

Normin
      • LocationOman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

I'll repeat by saying, don't fix what's not broken. The system is good as it is, and all sites I know use the system Baka uses in SOTW. Sure there's sometimes more space as for what the size and themes are, but it's basically it.

I'll just wait till Baka/Fireclaw/SirMoo replies to see what he thinks. 

All the sites I know use the same baka sotw system but since this one is only for art that's why I am suggesting it

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

All the sites I know use the same baka sotw system but since this one is only for art that's why I am suggesting it

If everyone is using it, then its most likely the best system.

And adding to the problems Gman allready pointed out.

Never cayegorize as noobs beginners etc it can really demotivate people.

And well wat you say will just put more strain for no reason...

And indeed as Gman says why that thing of 3wins 2 out? thats just some bullshrimp

why reward someone with not being able to join in...

then we also even get less entries and why should you even bother with the sotw again if you price will be negative.

And not to say anything about you, but there is no reason in changing the system.

Other people tried it but it didn't work out for them.

I like that you are trying to help.

But do not try to push your idea trough it will not help your status on the site.

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Normin
      • LocationOman

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

I already got point when Gman mentioned it that's why I said that maybe somethings can be cut off from my suggestion since I just gave a plot to it and as I also said everyone get a chance to be in any category they want and maybe just intermediate and experienced and also one same theme simple as that.

P.S: I really value your opinion.

Rekkt
    • Last active: Sep 01 2015 05:06 AM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Nah, I dont like the idea mate. Just like the people above me said ^^

If you chase two rabbits at once, you won't catch either

Albert Einstein

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Jan 30 2017 01:50 PM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

Won't happen.

We already have a rule that after 3 wins you can't win again. Until at least another winner had been made.

Brackets are pointless in that we really don't have a consistent amount of people competing every time... We'd also have to keep a list of who's in what bracket which makes pointless extra work for the SOTW Admin.

Different themes will be VERY confusing. If say... We have 25-50 people competing... Then maybe some of these ideas will be realistic. But the numbers are still under 20.

Until then...

Motion denied. Court rules that the plaintiff failed to show that the current system was either obsolete or easily improvable based on the submitted information as well as that it would not cause an unfair burden upon the administrating staff of the SOTW. The court further worries that the system submitted by the plaintiff will fracture and  reduce overall participation at this time.

-bangs his mallet.-

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Jun 05 2016 11:25 AM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

I know what this is, Normin isn't skilled enough with signatures and he wants a shot at winning SOTW and getting VIP

Well Normin, you just gota learn, learn, learn and try hard until you win. 

Sleen for example made some bad sigs and in a couple of months he became a SOTW Multi winner, winning SOTW multiple times and making soem epic designs.

Strive for that, don't try to change the system. The system works, but you gota work with yourself too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users