• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

What happened to league?!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

So as you guys probably don't know I played league allot (i really mean allot) like 2 years back...

Yes then the community wasn't that great either. However it seems to be really escalating now and even worse in non ranked games.

For instance I tried LoL again at a schoolmate's house yesterday (first of all I got forced into the jungle which I can't play in XD just because the others where a fixed team). But like 15 minutes into the game we get in a team fight, which we won. But then I seemed to make a vital mistake... I told my team they did a good job and they just all said F.ck off. I really don't get this mentality. So perhaps could you guys tell me why people nowadays react these ways?

I am trying to get back in to league but if most people have these kinds of mentality's why should I. these type of things are what really ruin a game from me.

And btw my first account got banned for matters like these....

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Bacca
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jun 09 2016 02:06 AM
      • Locationin the bathroom

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

welcome to life mate its the same with FPS annoying idiots gather around the "popular" games like call of duty and just end up ruining it 

Bacca.gif

thanks to Maid232 and Absynthe  for the awesome signatures

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

welcome to life mate its the same with FPS annoying idiots gather around the "popular" games like call of duty and just end up ruining it 

Yeah I know but shouting at someone who gives you a compliment??

that's bad

Posted Image

Absynthe
    • Title: hi I'm Absynthe
    • Last active: Aug 22 2014 08:31 AM
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Your first account got banned because you were on the recieving end of verbal abuse? That doesn't sound right.

Just play dota2 instead ;).

526daafdfb.png

Graphics Designer - 3D Artist - Gamer - ??? - Profit

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Your first account got banned because you were on the recieving end of verbal abuse? That doesn't sound right.

Just play dota2 instead ;).

No I meant people just randomly reporting me.

I didn't explained that sry :S

Posted Image

Absynthe
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

No I meant people just randomly reporting me.

I didn't explained that sry :S

So you did nothing wrong... but you still got banned because people were reporting you for no reason? If that's true that's a terrible system... and you should quit and play dota2 instead.

526daafdfb.png

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

So you did nothing wrong... but you still got banned because people were reporting you for no reason? If that's true that's a terrible system... and you should quit and play dota2 instead.

I did play dota for a while XD

Posted Image

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, that's why I don't play LoL... SMITE is where it's at imo :O

Also, It's just like bacca said, most popular games end up turning out that way. First CoD, then LoL, and now it's even starting to happen to battlefield :(

Posted Image

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

From what I've seen, I've never played, the LoL community is beyond toxic. It's full of bitching kids. I enjoy DOTA but you still get those toxic people playing. But LoL players who come to dota are THE worst. They can't play the game and constantly bitch and complain about how the game works.

Absynthe
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

I did play dota for a while XD

Oh yeah, I remember that now :D.

526daafdfb.png

real098
    • Last active: Jan 04 2016 11:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Meow, this maybe a late post but from what I read a visual ranking system tends creates very toxic games. In the case of Dota 2 they have the MMR. If you want to play a nontoxic MOBA I recommend DawnGate. EA is for once somewhat doing a good job with this game in trying to keep it story related, while the DawnGate community is trying to keep it nontoxic. Though if your competitive DawnGate isn't there yet so  :f529a952:  it's really up to you on what MOBA you play.

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Meow, this maybe a late post but from what I read a visual ranking system tends creates very toxic games. In the case of Dota 2 they have the MMR. If you want to play a nontoxic MOBA I recommend DawnGate. EA is for once somewhat doing a good job with this game in trying to keep it story related, while the DawnGate community is trying to keep it nontoxic. Though if your competitive DawnGate isn't there yet so  :f529a952:  it's really up to you on what MOBA you play.

MMR doesn't play that big of a role in DOTA2... Infact... the Non-MMR games tend to be the worst. In ranked matches people tend to be nicer.

real098
    • Last active: Jan 04 2016 11:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

MMR doesn't play that big of a role in DOTA2... Infact... the Non-MMR games tend to be the worst. In ranked matches people tend to be nicer.

You could be right though when I play it's the opposite it could just be because how low I am in the ranked system. (I am on the low 1k MMR score) There are some articles that are posted on the steam page for Dota 2 that I got my facts from but I'm not sure if they're still up.

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

You could be right though when I play it's the opposite it could just be because how low I am in the ranked system. (I am on the low 1k MMR score) There are some articles that are posted on the steam page for Dota 2 that I got my facts from but I'm not sure if they're still up.

One of the biggest factors for me to play Dota 2 is native linux client. I use to play through WINE but there were tons of problems. Since Dawn Gate is owned by EA... they won't be making a linux version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users