• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Youtube - Fun new stuff...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Interesting article. Most important thing I'm seeing is ability to do donations and ability for cover singers to make some cash...

Video at the bottom.

http://www.pcmag.com...,2458540,00.asp

faux
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: House Beoulve
    • Last active: May 23 2015 05:04 PM

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

I see benefits of the ability to do  donations elsewhere, but in regards to cover songs, wouldn't they become more scrutinized because cover's are generally illegal (without permission)? The caveat here is that it's a  donation, and not paying as a for the cover per se. But all in all, a step in the right direction.  I think it'll promote/encourage more original content.  "Copyright needs to protect artist rights while not stifling creativity of new artists attempting to express musical ideas."

Edited by faux, 01 June 2014 - 12:40 PM.

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

I see benefits of the ability to do  donations elsewhere, but in regards to cover songs, wouldn't they become more scrutinized because cover's are generally illegal (without permission)? The caveat here is that it's a  donation, and not paying as a for the cover per se. But all in all, a step in the right direction.  I think it'll promote/encourage more original content.  "Copyright needs to protect artist rights while not stifling creativity of new artists attempting to express musical ideas."

What it's doing is making cover songs legal as long as it's form a licensed company. So if you're doing a song done by Universal and they've approved their library for use... You each get a split of the profits. They've given their blessing. Good is pretty much becoming a copyright middleman.

Nintendo is also trying this on Youtube but is getting a bit of backlash. They only want you to use approved content and then share the profits with them... Which I don't think is that bad. You're profiting from their work... they deserve a bit of the ad revenue.

But at the end of the day... we ALL know GEMA will fuck over German users regardless. :P

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

What it's doing is making cover songs legal as long as it's form a licensed company. So if you're doing a song done by Universal and they've approved their library for use... You each get a split of the profits. They've given their blessing. Good is pretty much becoming a copyright middleman.

Nintendo is also trying this on Youtube but is getting a bit of backlash. They only want you to use approved content and then share the profits with them... Which I don't think is that bad. You're profiting from their work... they deserve a bit of the ad revenue.

But at the end of the day... we ALL know GEMA will **** over German users regardless. :P

Eh, I'm still not sure why nintendo's such a b*tch about it, it's free publicity and promotion, and I shouldn't have to give examples of how it can boost game sales. They really ought to just let it be free for all like other game developers do, but what can I say, there's a reason the new wii flopped so hard, and part of it is because of the lack of hype for any of the exclusive games.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users