• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

next 'mainstream anime/manga'?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Bacca
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Jun 09 2016 02:06 AM
      • Locationin the bathroom

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

so with naruto coming to a end and bleach(rumored to be last arc) what do you think will be the next big mainstream manga or anime?(from the current ones)

Bacca.gif

thanks to Maid232 and Absynthe  for the awesome signatures

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

Hmmm FMA

I have no idea XD

Need to watch more anime I guess

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

fairy tail, one piece

melodyofdeaddeanders
    • Title: misleading
    • Last active: Oct 18 2014 09:50 AM
      • Locationmeet me halfway..

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

magi, KnB, SnK, toriko, ao no exorcist (might become huge once again), shokugeki no soma..

and maybe berserk and hunter x hunter.. if they don't go on another hiatus..

8vt0s3.jpg
Spoiler

Kapooky
    • Last active: Dec 21 2014 11:03 PM

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Kuro no basket and Magi also Gungale

lelouch_zpscff30084.png

My favourite signature.My favourite signature.

I was gonna trash it since it looked like ****( It's a smudge+c4d, who does that anymore LOL)It's good for a 5 month hiatus comeback

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

Kuro no basket and Magi also Gungale

doubt that Magi will go mainstream

Kapooky

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

doubt that Magi will go mainstreams

yeah, your right  Magi season 1 was good. season 2 was ****. I only watched 3 episodes of season 2 and quit. 

lelouch_zpscff30084.png

I was gonna trash it since it looked like ****( It's a smudge+c4d, who does that anymore LOL)It's good for a 5 month hiatus comeback

Gman
    • Last active: Oct 04 2015 08:46 AM
      • LocationHell

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Well... From what I've heard Attack on titan is doing pretty well and I don't think it'll end soon... So that's that. 

Also there's still Fairy Tail I guess. 

kf03dc.jpg

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh will make a return... mwhahahahaa

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

emjhei
    • Title: Coldhearted Freak
    • Last active: Oct 15 2015 11:17 PM
      • Locationgot messed up!

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

fairy tail, one piece

i think OP is already on the mainstream 

and yes fairytail are making its comeback :) 

and i think theres a new season of SAO.. Sword ARt Online II .. cant wait :) 

Edited by emjhei, 12 June 2014 - 05:29 AM.

GfxCoregreen.gif

world without stranger.

KimochiMochi
    • Last active: Oct 13 2014 06:24 AM
      • LocationDiliman, Quezon City Philippines

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

hmmm.. FT became mainstream already. but it's not as long as bleach on anime series. 2014 of FT only have 25 episodes. so i guess it's between Yu-Gi-Oh or Detective Conan

Edited by KimochiMochi, 16 June 2014 - 08:44 PM.

tumblr_mxd2uav1Sn1roll1qo1_500.gif

Rekkt
    • Last active: Sep 01 2015 05:06 AM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

hmmm.. FT became mainstream already. but it's not as long as bleach on anime series. 2014 of FT only have 25 episodes. so i guess it's between Yu-Gi-Oh or Detective Conan

Will it end when the 25 episodes are over? O.o Or will it just continue in 2015 and they are still making more chapters aswell )

If you chase two rabbits at once, you won't catch either

Albert Einstein

faux
    • Title: House Beoulve
    • Last active: May 23 2015 05:04 PM

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Not sure what you mean by current ones, because they just don't make a mega franchise if they see it doing well. And I assume you are specifically asking for the ones that have the potential to become 100+ episodes and air almost every week. Usually it's more profitable to develop franchises on and off (notably, Index and Railgun and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Saiyuki, and what have you), which is why there have been more 1 cour anime than the typical 2 cours of the past. 

What all these have in common is that they are derived from manga. So ones based of Games, VNs are not considered. Another is that these have massive fan bases which in today's terms, is shounen driven. There are more niches mainstream stuff have in common, but let's just heave it broad and stick with this. 

There is:

Noblesse-maybe, maybe not. THe art style leads me to think it would be more effective as a simple anime.

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple--Dubious, because of repetition in the animation which is probably why they stopped when they did. And because one episode consumed many chapters of the manga at once. Also, same reason why D.Grayman stopped, but this has a better chance because individual volume sales is consistently strong.

Vinland Saga is doing pretty well as a manga, but I don't see it being mega-franchise content. More like AoT.

Nanatsu no Taizai--amazing potential. 

Essentially, following the sales of the manga and DVD/BD pretty much tells you the future of anime... Not guaranteed, but I recall that Naruto boomed right off the charts. So the mega-franchise ones are obvious. But profitability is a different aspect. Consider how many lengthy anime have been axed. D.Grayman, Shaman King, Reborn!, InuYasha, MÄR, Groove Adventure Rave, Zatch Bell!,  etc. 

Edited by faux, 17 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

KimochiMochi
    • Last active: Oct 13 2014 06:24 AM
      • LocationDiliman, Quezon City Philippines

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

Will it end when the 25 episodes are over? O.o Or will it just continue in 2015 and they are still making more chapters aswell )

the anime series of 2014 FT will end at 25th episode. idk if there will be 2015 for FT anime ( but the manga is still ongoing though )

tumblr_mxd2uav1Sn1roll1qo1_500.gif

Kapooky

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well... From what I've heard Attack on titan is doing pretty well and I don't think it'll end soon... So that's that. 

Also there's still Fairy Tail I guess. 

Thats far too long.

lelouch_zpscff30084.png

Xtacy
    • Title: Overdose
    • Last active: Jul 04 2017 07:10 PM
      • LocationMy World

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Not sure what you mean by current ones, because they just don't make a mega franchise if they see it doing well. And I assume you are specifically asking for the ones that have the potential to become 100+ episodes and air almost every week. Usually it's more profitable to develop franchises on and off (notably, Index and Railgun and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Saiyuki, and what have you), which is why there have been more 1 cour anime than the typical 2 cours of the past. 

What all these have in common is that they are derived from manga. So ones based of Games, VNs are not considered. Another is that these have massive fan bases which in today's terms, is shounen driven. There are more niches mainstream stuff have in common, but let's just heave it broad and stick with this. 

There is:

Noblesse-maybe, maybe not. THe art style leads me to think it would be more effective as a simple anime.

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple--Dubious, because of repetition in the animation which is probably why they stopped when they did. And because one episode consumed many chapters of the manga at once. Also, same reason why D.Grayman stopped, but this has a better chance because individual volume sales is consistently strong.

Vinland Saga is doing pretty well as a manga, but I don't see it being mega-franchise content. More like AoT.

Nanatsu no Taizai--amazing potential. 

Essentially, following the sales of the manga and DVD/BD pretty much tells you the future of anime... Not guaranteed, but I recall that Naruto boomed right off the charts. So the mega-franchise ones are obvious. But profitability is a different aspect. Consider how many lengthy anime have been axed. D.Grayman, Shaman King, Reborn!, InuYasha, MÄR, Groove Adventure Rave, Zatch Bell!,  etc. 

I agreee with this^

also akame ga kill(manga), Tokyo Ghoul(manga), Hajime no Ippo(manga), Gokukoku no Brynhildr(manga) and Attack On Titan(manga)

Edited by Soul, 20 July 2014 - 11:12 PM.

2ap44i.jpg

DA:http://xtacyoverdose.deviantart.com/

If you wanna collab, battle  or need any help pm me :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users