• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Youtube + Twitch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Interesting stuff... http://www.gamespot....t/1100-6419720/

If regulators approve... it would make Google the largest gaming video content deliverer by far...

Baka
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

Youtwitch

And damn 1 bil. Jeez

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hmmm I don't really see any problem with this other then that I wouldn't like to have "Google" have even more of the market under its control. that wouldn't be well for the consumer as the competition between the 2 company's would disapear.

Other then that I don't really get what problem people have with google...

Google+ will not really be a problem anymore as they don't see it as a prime product of them anymore.

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

SleeN
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: Just Burn and Burn
    • Last active: Oct 17 2016 11:28 AM
      • LocationPortugal

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

I do see a problem.

As of right now youtube as very low or no competition at all , which means they can do anything (changes, like make you pay to watch videos)  that they want because, after all, what are you going to do? turn to another video host? You would if there was one as good as youtube.

The competition YT has is pretty much with twitch, the streamers. If google buys twitch, they'll own a large portion of all internet activity, and they'll probably abuse it.

SirMoo
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

I don't agree that it will reduce competition as Twitch and Youtube don't really compete in any other areas except for game videos... That's not enough to justify it's anti-competitive.

I do know the vimeo is doing commercials on TV now... They're really the only major Youtube competitor in the generic video market. Will be interesting to see how they grow...

But I think that Google owning Twitch will allow more people to monetize their live streams with ads.

Yang
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

They were bought by Amazon. Don't know if anyone knew that since it's relatively old news (I think they were bought in in November). 

You know my brother-in-law is the Director of Community and Education at Twitch. Hahaha. I remember when Twitch was first starting up. Good stuff. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users