• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Announcing Rawr.es

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Oct 02 2017 09:47 AM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

i should probably start making random memes to put on reddit and upload using this to get it some attention :07baa27a:

I said stress test... not drop a nuclear bomb on it.

oh and created my account now, I'll test it later, I've looked at the edit options, you have a 'connect/link to another website like twitter or Google, but could you add a OC link?

Err. Not likely. Since OC also uses external connections. I don't believe IP.B uses an openID-esque system... So I'm not really sure how the data could/would pass. :P

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

Hmm you are limetd by 50 images by how long?

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hmm you are limetd by 50 images by how long?

OH FOR FUCK SAKE MUPPIE! 35 emails in less than a minute!

abb0c.png

It's set to 50 every a minute. 500 an hour and 1000 daily.

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

OH FOR **** SAKE MUPPIE! 35 emails in less than a minute!

abb0c.png

It's set to 50 every a minute. 500 an hour and 1000 daily.

sry :O

Was uploading a folder XD

Posted Image

Baka
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

sry :O

Was uploading a folder XD

of course you were dear

Rarity
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Last active: Jul 25 2017 03:13 PM
      • LocationCanada

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

If I upload something as private and share the link, will other people be able to see it? Or just me?

Also if not, will there be an option to upload things as unlisted?

Site looks cute

It says 51 images per minute, does that mean I have to wait a minute before uploading another 51?

Can't seem to upload 6 more, and it's been like 5 mins :S

Edited by Rarity, 14 May 2014 - 01:43 AM.

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

If I upload something as private and share the link, will other people be able to see it? Or just me?

Also if not, will there be an option to upload things as unlisted?

Site looks cute

It says 51 images per minute, does that mean I have to wait a minute before uploading another 51?

Can't seem to upload 6 more, and it's been like 5 mins :S

Private images should not show up in your public profile. So someone can't grab the link from there, you'd have to share it (the link) with them.

I believe you're locked out for a couple hours. Eventually I'll remove some of the limitations... but right now for the sake of testing and until the multi-server attribute it up and working... it's going to say limited.

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

I believe you're locked out for a couple hours. Eventually I'll remove some of the limitations... but right now for the sake of testing and until the multi-server attribute it up and working... it's going to say limited.

Perhaps it is better that you say that in the flood message??

Posted Image

SLay
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: e-4
    • Last active: Dec 03 2016 02:02 PM
      • LocationVirginia >_<

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

bookmarked! i'll share it with a few friends

4f77dcb061d4b95079270fd8c7ed8717.png

Baka
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:06 AM

bookmarked! i'll share it with a few friends

not too many though, remember this is beta

Kindred
    • Group: New Member
    • Last active: Aug 29 2014 04:12 PM

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

Awesome Baka! I'll come up with a few suggestions later on. :)

Fireclaw
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

not too many though, remember this is beta

Tell us when it goes live! I'll share it with all my friends then ;)

Posted Image

Kindred
    • Group: New Member
    • Last active: Aug 29 2014 04:12 PM

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

Bugs

• The top-left Upload button opens up the full window while the red upload button in the middle just browsed your files. The Upload button in the middle should open the same window as the top-left one.

Suggestions

• Some people might not like the top green bar. A small button should be added in the same bar to change the color. When you click the bar, a menu with default colors (blue, yellow, red, orange, ...) will pop up.
  • A program or an app like Gyazo or Lightshot would be really great! It would also attract a lot of users.

To be updated.

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

Bugs

• The top-left Upload button opens up the full window while the red upload button in the middle just browsed your files. The Upload button in the middle should open the same window as the top-left one.

This isn't a bug as much as how it's coded. But I agree.

Suggestions

• Some people might not like the top green bar. A small button should be added in the same bar to change the color. When you click the bar, a menu with default colors (blue, yellow, red, orange, ...) will pop up.

This more than likely won't be changed to be honest. We plan to incorporate our green Rawrasaurus more into the actual site.

Suggestions

• A program or an app like Gyazo or Lightshot would be really great! It would also attract a lot of users.

I would love this... BUT... I can't make computer applications. And even if I could... I only use Linux which means a windows program would not be possible for me...

If someone knows what they're doing in this arena... I'll be happy to talk to them.

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

This isn't a bug as much as how it's coded. But I agree.

This more than likely won't be changed to be honest. We plan to incorporate our green Rawrasaurus more into the actual site.

I would love this... BUT... I can't make computer applications. And even if I could... I only use Linux which means a windows program would not be possible for me...

If someone knows what they're doing in this arena... I'll be happy to talk to them.

I may be able to help with the last one... I can make a desktop client to upload images to the site straight from the desktop, but I'm not sure about the screen capture aspect of it.. I'd have to research what it'd involve... I wouldn't know where to start tbh :P Also it'd be time consuming as hell for me since I'm by no means the best programmer in the world.

Edited by FireclawX, 18 May 2014 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

I may be able to help with the last one... I can make a desktop client to upload images to the site straight from the desktop, but I'm not sure about the screen capture aspect of it.. I'd have to research what it'd involve... I wouldn't know where to start tbh :P Also it'd be time consuming as hell for me since I'm by no means the best programmer in the world.

My only concern is that it will be cross platform. I'm wondering if this is doable in python. But I can't really say much. I can read code of different types... just not really write it. Ultimately, yes... It would be nice. But we'll have to find a way to make it simple and determine if it interacts with the web app on a user account basis or a generic upload basis.

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

My only concern is that it will be cross platform. I'm wondering if this is doable in python. But I can't really say much. I can read code of different types... just not really write it. Ultimately, yes... It would be nice. But we'll have to find a way to make it simple and determine if it interacts with the web app on a user account basis or a generic upload basis.

Yeah... I'd think it'd be nice if you could sign in via the desktop app, and then just have it running in the background... Then you could just right click an image and select "Upload to rawr.es"...

If we did that, it'd be different and better than a million other image hosting sites out there :O

Then again, if you wanted windows/mac integration, it'd have to be coded twice. Once in C and once in C# :O

I'm pretty sure I could do it for windows (again, C isn't my strongest language by any means) but I could prolly get it done with some research. But I don't own a Mac, and I'm not well versed in C# so I really couldn't help with that :O

If it's possible to code in java though, that'd be awesome, as it's cross platform, and Java is my best language...

Posted Image

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Yeah... I'd think it'd be nice if you could sign in via the desktop app, and then just have it running in the background... Then you could just right click an image and select "Upload to rawr.es"...

If we did that, it'd be different and better than a million other image hosting sites out there :O

Then again, if you wanted windows/mac integration, it'd have to be coded twice. Once in C and once in C# :O

I'm pretty sure I could do it for windows (again, C isn't my strongest language by any means) but I could prolly get it done with some research. But I don't own a Mac, and I'm not well versed in C# so I really couldn't help with that :O

If it's possible to code in java though, that'd be awesome, as it's cross platform, and Java is my best language...

Python dear, python. Python is cross platform and I think it's related to C. And by cross platform... I mean real cross platform...

Java is nice, and would be a simple... Have it running... drag and drop image... wait for upload style which would be handy... But I would be slightly concerned by overall security as I don't know Java well enough other than some the basics (and I mean VERY basic) I learned from Android.

Right now there is not a proper API system in place... so an app would be theoretical and would not be able to connect to users accounts...

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Python dear, python. Python is cross platform and I think it's related to C. And by cross platform... I mean real cross platform...

Java is nice, and would be a simple... Have it running... drag and drop image... wait for upload style which would be handy... But I would be slightly concerned by overall security as I don't know Java well enough other than some the basics (and I mean VERY basic) I learned from Android.

Right now there is not a proper API system in place... so an app would be theoretical and would not be able to connect to users accounts...

I wrote python earlier :(

In my first post D:

It's my second most comfortable language XD

Java would be awesome, and I can secure it up nicely :O

Posted Image

SirMoo
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

I've gotten this far in my research. https://pypi.python....stHandler/0.1.0

Now something just needs to call it...

If it's as simple as the example... All that's needed it to make a username and password section that people input... Then pass through to the server... Currently though that example still has an upload button... So I'm wondering if it can be implemented with a drag and drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users