• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

School Program Flyer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Illuminous
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Sep 23 2015 06:42 PM
      • LocationLaying in bed, staring at the ceiling

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hi there, it's been awhile I've gone on and off of here a few times, but that aside, this afternoon my school's Vice Principal came to me and asked if I could create a flyer for one of their upcoming events/programs called the edge, it's an emotional relief type of thing, I tried to show that in the flyer I've made with the given render, I also had to render it myself, so if anyone would like it just holler :P 

Anyways before I present it to the Vice Principal either tomorrow or this Friday I'd love to get some CnC to hopefully make it better.

Thanks.

4I0SKxV.png

2690f3f3879d48a142ac50d02485974e-d83i7pj

ItsMeSwitch
    • Last active: May 26 2014 10:36 AM
      • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Not to sound harsh, but it just seems very blah. I know you are going for a black and grey color scheme, but there isn't really anything to grab the viewers attention. Try making the title more of a white, just to make it pop more than the other text.

The typography is off as well; Try using only two fonts, and when using more than one font, try to keep the fonts relevant to each other. If layout design is something new to you, it isn't a bad attempt. If you want, just google some flyer/poster designs that are popular, and see what they did that was successful and implement it in your own way.

Hope this helps, and I hope I wasn't being to critical, I was just giving my own honest opinion. 

SK24
    • Last active: Jul 12 2014 10:51 PM
      • LocationPennsylvania, U.S.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

This is a solid composition and has good flow but the text needs a lot of work. Like switch said varying up the font on each area is usually a bad idea because you lose cohesiveness for the design as a whole, which is happening here. Keep the font the same but vary it up with italic/bold/size etc.

You also have all of your text right up to edges of the paper and right up the edges of the shapes behind it. This creates a very squeezed or tight feeling and takes your eye off the page or out of the design in most cases. Give your text and audience more breathing room.

Like I said, I feel like it has a good composition so I think making those adjustments would improve your design quite a bit.

v2r9li.jpg

Illuminous
    • Last active: Sep 23 2015 06:42 PM
      • LocationLaying in bed, staring at the ceiling

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

Not to sound harsh, but it just seems very blah. I know you are going for a black and grey color scheme, but there isn't really anything to grab the viewers attention. Try making the title more of a white, just to make it pop more than the other text.

The typography is off as well; Try using only two fonts, and when using more than one font, try to keep the fonts relevant to each other. If layout design is something new to you, it isn't a bad attempt. If you want, just google some flyer/poster designs that are popular, and see what they did that was successful and implement it in your own way.

Hope this helps, and I hope I wasn't being to critical, I was just giving my own honest opinion. 

This is a solid composition and has good flow but the text needs a lot of work. Like switch said varying up the font on each area is usually a bad idea because you lose cohesiveness for the design as a whole, which is happening here. Keep the font the same but vary it up with italic/bold/size etc.

You also have all of your text right up to edges of the paper and right up the edges of the shapes behind it. This creates a very squeezed or tight feeling and takes your eye off the page or out of the design in most cases. Give your text and audience more breathing room.

Like I said, I feel like it has a good composition so I think making those adjustments would improve your design quite a bit.

Thanks for the feedback, this is my first time doing a poster, i will fix the text and space things out a bit more also i don't take replies in any harsh manner, the last time i did (about 2 years ago) i ended up making myself look like an idiot lol, but how can someone learn anything if there's no instructor to push them and tell them what they did wrong :P

Thanks again.

2690f3f3879d48a142ac50d02485974e-d83i7pj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users