• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

Battle Section.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

ApexDesigns
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: Graphic Artist
    • Last active: Oct 09 2014 08:19 PM

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

We should add a battle section the Competitions section. This would just allow members to have fun battles.

zed__no_text__by_apexdesignscl-d77s0bh.p

Fallow your Dreams.

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Need more members, or the section will just die out after 2 comps.

Edited by FireclawX, 15 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Jun 05 2016 11:25 AM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

what fireclaw said

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

Or more activity/participation... We would be able to have a bunch more competitions easily if the people who already had accounts would actively participate in the competitions we make. So yeah, either more members, or more participation :O

Posted Image

Warren
    • Title: Proud to be Pinoy
    • Last active: Mar 19 2015 06:14 PM
      • LocationPhilippines

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

+1 on this, about the participants, we will invite our gfxers friends in other gfx forums to join here. :)

SLay
    • Title: e-4
    • Last active: Dec 03 2016 02:02 PM
      • LocationVirginia >_<

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

I think even if we have just a few active members its a good idea.

I understand that we might have it going slow but it's still one of the best ways (IMHO) to keep moving forward and progressing as an artist :)

+1

4f77dcb061d4b95079270fd8c7ed8717.png

musingsofJer
    • Last active: May 06 2014 09:50 AM

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

+1 I'd love to do a battle section. Some of my best work came out of being pushed by the thrill of the fight. XD

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Again, this may be possible in the future, especially with the SOTW participation the way it is. I want to keep it at a level of around 10 entries every week. If we can keep that up for a while, then I will pester Baka about it ;)

Posted Image

SirMoo
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Jan 30 2017 01:50 PM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Could we not do a few unsanctioned ones and see how this goes first?

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, we'd have to work out some basic rules though.

Posted Image

ApexDesigns

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

This sounds great to me. :)

Yeah, we'd have to work out some basic rules though.

Normally rules are set by the person hosting the battle.

Fallow your Dreams.

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

This sounds great to me. :)

Normally rules are set by the person hosting the battle.

Yeah, but we still need some basic things. Like if we want to have some kind of rewards system, or a system that keeps track of your stats etc. Like yeah, we could easily make a section for battles. It would literally take a couple clicks by baka/moo, but it'd me more fun if we had some other stuff to go with it :O

Anyway, those are just my ideas, and baka could hate them all, but ya never know :P

Posted Image

ApexDesigns

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, but we still need some basic things. Like if we want to have some kind of rewards system, or a system that keeps track of your stats etc. Like yeah, we could easily make a section for battles. It would literally take a couple clicks by baka/moo, but it'd me more fun if we had some other stuff to go with it :O

Anyway, those are just my ideas, and baka could hate them all, but ya never know :P

I know where you're coming from, and yeah I don't know those idea seem pretty good in my opinion we'll just have to wait on Baka/Moo's opinions. 

Fallow your Dreams.

TheSimpson
    • Last active: Dec 13 2015 06:19 AM
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Little bump. What do you think now?

XYlteYU.png

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Just as a quick update on this thread. I spoke with Baka about it, and he said that with the current level of activity, this section would die out after a couple of weeks maximum. The idea is always on the table, and as soon as we feel like the section will be sustainable (ie. a battle or so every week) we'll be sure to implement it. That is Baka's final word on it for now, and to be honest, I pretty much agree with him. And a little side note for you guys, I've seen a lot of drama and immaturity on graphics forums with battle sections in the past, so I'd like to work out a good set of rules before this gets implemented. That's the status of the battle section for now, and I will keep you guys updated in the future.

Edited by FireclawX, 21 May 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

SirMoo
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Jan 30 2017 01:50 PM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

And a little side note for you guys, I've seen a lot of drama and immaturity on graphics forums with battle sections in the past, so I'd like to work out a good set of rules before this gets implemented.

Leh fixed.

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

Leh fixed.

Just because other sites have drama, and wishy washy rule systems, doesn't mean we have to be that way. We shouldn't shy away from new things just because they MAY cause problems, we have to at least try, and if we do it in a prepared manner with clear rules, then it should be fine. Have some more faith in the OC members moo!

Generally on previous sites I've been on, it's been left to the competing parties to decide the rules which is lazy on the part of the mods, and causes unnecessary drama.

Posted Image

Kapooky
    • Last active: Dec 21 2014 11:03 PM

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

A battle section would be nice.

It introduces a new concept within our forums. However, It can make or break somone's self esteem. If you keep losing battles, eventually you're just going to quit photoshop!. er

I'm on the neutral side with battles. I want to compete with fellow OC members, but at the same time, not go on a losing streak.  No matter how strong you are mentally, if you go on a losing streak, it will affect you. Eventually, peaple will subconciously class your work  as a good or bad gfxer. Hence, this forum will end up as Tag Freak: where you are classed on how you GFX.

Now  that i'm done being the Devil's advocate, I feel this forum is starting to get a bit boring. Thereis not much to do except get feedback on your sig, find resources, and post  your sotw entries. I feel a battle section would allow a greater interaction with the community on a deeper level:  Peaple will know each other better and genuinley become a true community.

lelouch_zpscff30084.png

My favourite signature.My favourite signature.

I was gonna trash it since it looked like ****( It's a smudge+c4d, who does that anymore LOL)It's good for a 5 month hiatus comeback

Fireclaw

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

A battle section would be nice.

It introduces a new concept within our forums. However, It can make or break somone's self esteem. If you keep losing battles, eventually you're just going to quit photoshop!. er

I'm on the neutral side with battles. I want to compete with fellow OC members, but at the same time, not go on a losing streak.  No matter how strong you are mentally, if you go on a losing streak, it will affect you. Eventually, peaple will subconciously class your work  as a good or bad gfxer. Hence, this forum will end up as Tag Freak: where you are classed on how you GFX.

Now  that i'm done being the Devil's advocate, I feel this forum is starting to get a bit boring. Thereis not much to do except get feedback on your sig, find resources, and post  your sotw entries. I feel a battle section would allow a greater interaction with the community on a deeper level:  Peaple will know each other better and genuinley become a true community.

Yup, it has pros and cons for sure. Eventually OC will need something new, be it a battle section, or something else entirely. But at the moment, the staff feels that the site isn't ready for it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users