• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

new to anime

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

so i kinda wan to get into anime.

but my problem is that i watch like 2 or 3 episodes of them and then i think they are boring and such.

this happend to me with animes like fairy tale and one piece...

i did wath fma all the way trough tough..

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Xtacy
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Title: Overdose
    • Last active: Jul 04 2017 07:10 PM
      • LocationMy World

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Watch hellsing ultimate its 10 eps. I think u wont like those emotional animes so i wont suggest them.

2ap44i.jpg

DA:http://xtacyoverdose.deviantart.com/

If you wanna collab, battle  or need any help pm me :3

flocke
    • Title: Cookie Killer
    • Last active: Mar 20 2016 06:20 AM
      • LocationUnder your bed

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Or what about Highschool of the Dead? Because boobs and zombies and panties and more boobs~

SouzouRyoku
    • Last active: Mar 18 2015 03:42 PM
      • LocationMy smile.

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

I can call myself an anime fan without a hint of bragging, this came from a long interval experience, so, there are tenths of shows that I would recommend, but I will pick one, thats HunterXHunter 2011, the show has proven its place, the remake is just superb, if you watch the original series, you will notice the fillers take down, the great as always animation by MadHouse, and the speed in which the story take place, whats great about this show other than its very original world and story ofcourse is the battles, and not only physical ones, but also mental, as it progresses, especially in the current arc, they actually spend a whole episodes on laying down strategies with only the narrator speaking, yet its so well done, the episode feel like 3 mins, wihtout further talking, enjoy. ^_^  

p.s Also watch Shingeki no Kyojin, most recommended anime of 2013, its so worth the time as well.

w5LZd8Q.gif

"Better to burn than fade away"

Madara
    • Title: Destruction
    • Last active: Nov 27 2016 10:03 AM
      • LocationOn the Moon

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

The problem that you are having with getting bored easily is that you're going straight into the long-running anime's which often have a very slow start; I can say this with confidence as this was a problem for me when I started watching anime. So now that we've established the problem how do we fix it? Well there isn't really any quick-fix to this as you have no previous experience with anime so the only thing you can really do is start of by watching short anime series' with episodes ranging from 12-30. I can't really tell you any recommendations as I have no idea what genre's you're interested in and you haven't really watched a lot of anime so if you want me to help could you post some genre's you like in western show's for e.g

"I like AMC's The Walking Dead, could you recommend me an anime with zombies in?" this way I can tell you straight away to go ahead and watch so and so. For now I guess I'll just hint you at some anime's that I watched and liked when I started watching anime also I'll give you a personal rating based on how much I liked it at the time.

• Sword Art Online - R: 8.4
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - R: 10
  • Guilty Crown - R: 9.7
  • Btooom! - R: 8
  • Blue Exorcist - R: 9

"When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred" - Madara

buiIls7.png

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

The problem that you are having with getting bored easily is that you're going straight into the long-running anime's which often have a very slow start; I can say this with confidence as this was a problem for me when I started watching anime. So now that we've established the problem how do we fix it? Well there isn't really any quick-fix to this as you have no previous experience with anime so the only thing you can really do is start of by watching short anime series' with episodes ranging from 12-30. I can't really tell you any recommendations as I have no idea what genre's you're interested in and you haven't really watched a lot of anime so if you want me to help could you post some genre's you like in western show's for e.g

"I like AMC's The Walking Dead, could you recommend me an anime with zombies in?" this way I can tell you straight away to go ahead and watch so and so. For now I guess I'll just hint you at some anime's that I watched and liked when I started watching anime also I'll give you a personal rating based on how much I liked it at the time.

allright thanks :D

but yeah i get bored with pretty much everyting even movies like world war z XD

btw are there anime's wich have something to do with like any mythology? that seems to be where my main interest is.

Posted Image

Madara
      • LocationOn the Moon

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

btw are there anime's wich have something to do with like any mythology? that seems to be where my main interest is.

Haha I guess that's a psychological problem then. Jks

Anyway a mythology one eh? I recently re watched this show called 'campione!' I orginally watched it while it was airing but I like re-watching shows. I recommend you check that one out. Here's a link of the synopsis: http://myanimelist.net/anime/12293

buiIls7.png

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Haha I guess that's a psychological problem then. Jks

haha i guess so :D

Posted Image

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

btw it would be nice if it is a english dubbed one :D

i often watch series and movies while gaming XD

Posted Image

Baka
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Buy vip >.>
    • Last active: Apr 08 2017 03:45 PM
      • LocationIn Moo's Pants jk

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

bitch you gota watch Sword Art Online and shit cuz it reminds me of MMOs like guild wars 2 and shit

Also watch Log Horizon cuz its also some MMO good shit yo

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

just started watching 

Shingeki no Kyojin

i am currently at episode 5 :D

Posted Image

Madara
      • LocationOn the Moon

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

just started watching 

Shingeki no Kyojin

i am currently at episode 5 :D

Thats a great series.

buiIls7.png

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Thats a great series.

one thing i do not understand tough... why does the main protagonist die in episode 6??

does he get a revival or is it just a plot twist.... it confuses me

Posted Image

Madara
      • LocationOn the Moon

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

one thing i do not understand tough... why does the main protagonist die in episode 6??

does he get a revival or is it just a plot twist.... it confuses me

Watch the next episode ;)

Edited by Madara, 19 March 2014 - 11:52 AM.

buiIls7.png

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

Watch the next episode ;)

allright not confused anymore XD

i rembemered a bit of that attack on titan game where one can transform in a titan it makes sence now :D

Posted Image

420GFX
    • Title: Coeus
    • Last active: Aug 14 2016 11:47 AM

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Wow, unbelieveable I just happened to see an award "otaku" I was curios to whom where rewarded with it and what were the requierments so to say.

I realised it was anime, I hadn't watch a single anime before that, I happened to see your post here so I just google "Sword art online", found a page where to watch the series and I just completer all the episodes in under 2 days. I have to say it was really emotional but I loved it. The only thing is that I would really like a sequel to that, any news on that?

Thanks man.

Edited by 420GFX, 27 March 2014 - 12:09 PM.

sbqwww.jpg

"I don't discriminate, I hate everybody."

maid
    • Title: Smudgie
    • Last active: Mar 13 2015 08:03 AM

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Wow, unbelieveable I just happened to see an award "otaku" I was curios to whom where rewarded with it and what were the requierments so to say.

I realised it was anime, I hadn't watch a single anime before that, I happened to see your post here so I just google "Sword art online", found a page where to watch the series and I just completer all the episodes in under 2 days. I have to say it was really emotional but I loved it. The only thing is that I would really like a sequel to that, any news on that?

Thanks man.

yes there will be a sequel, but yeah... how would i put this

Edited by maid, 27 March 2014 - 03:17 PM.

maid232.gif                                                        

I am determined to stay in shape even when i don't feel like it at all!

420GFX
    • Title: Coeus
    • Last active: Aug 14 2016 11:47 AM

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

yes there will be a sequel, but yeah... how would i put this

Yeah, did some google research and I found that It'll be premiered this year in July.

sbqwww.jpg

"I don't discriminate, I hate everybody."

maid
    • Title: Smudgie
    • Last active: Mar 13 2015 08:03 AM

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, did some google research and I found that It'll be premiered this year in July.

I mean the second arc of it wasn't great, it was rushed. And it wasn't really good like the first arc. And i don't know of this one Will be great.
And now he is a girl in ggo, and yeah it feels a bit weird for me

maid232.gif                                                        

I am determined to stay in shape even when i don't feel like it at all!

Muppie
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

i just finished watching shingeki no kyojin :D

it was a pleasant experience. 

Posted Image