• Create Account

Important Announcement!

Welcome to the Site! Make sure to Register first to get access to all the Features. I know the site is empty at the moment but what site isn't empty in the beginning? :P Click here to read the FAQ. The FAQ will answer the majority of the questions that you have such as "Allowed Signature Size and Avatar Size". Please click here to read the Rules and see what is allowed and what not. Thank you for joining! Have fun posting, help us fill the site with love and art!

Photo

P.O.T.F #4

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Eina
    • Group: Regular Member
    • Last active: Oct 25 2014 07:28 AM
      • LocationThe Netherlands

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I'm sorry I've been really busy over the last couple of weeks. Baka had told me he wanted to stop the potf alltogether so I didn't have to start the voting for this. There still are only three entries, I could throw up a voting topic if people want to but I don't think it's even worth it with that amount of entries tbh. 

Well there has been before a POTF with only 3-4 entries so I would say maybe put voting up and then start a next one I think the theme was a bit hard for some and a easier theme can get more entries like we had alot before....

Only 3 entries?

You got Yunomi, Nukleos, Mine (Eina),

Kiwy (he / she said she would be joining)

Otherwise we can look to Baka to join so we got 4 (we got 1 with 4 entries before only 1 photo didn't work back then) he said it is easy to make one anyways so shouldn't take him much time :)

I really so hope we can start this vote up and get a new theme up like Fire said before an easier theme can get more people again :)

signature__robot_girl_by_happyfacestar-d

AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING

WAS ONCE A BEGINNER

TheBinski
    • Last active: Apr 26 2016 12:10 PM
      • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I entered one as well, tell me if I have to reenter it

kakashi_sig_by_thebinski-d75ov0i.jpg

Eina

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I entered one as well, tell me if I have to reenter it

I'm asking the same:

I entered should I reenter it?

(been since the first week when this started that I entered)

also this concludes we got 4 entries if I need to believe every post o:

AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING

WAS ONCE A BEGINNER

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Gonna talk to baka about restarting this, and about opening up the battle section... Patience young padawans :)

Posted Image

Hammerli
    • Title: ex-staff
    • Last active: Oct 27 2014 12:52 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Well there has been before a POTF with only 3-4 entries so I would say maybe put voting up and then start a next one I think the theme was a bit hard for some and a easier theme can get more entries like we had alot before....

Only 3 entries?

You got Yunomi, Nukleos, Mine (Eina),

Kiwy (he / she said she would be joining)

Otherwise we can look to Baka to join so we got 4 (we got 1 with 4 entries before only 1 photo didn't work back then) he said it is easy to make one anyways so shouldn't take him much time :)

I really so hope we can start this vote up and get a new theme up like Fire said before an easier theme can get more people again :)

I didn't get an entry from Yunomi, just yours, nukleos' and thebinski's. 

I think there's not enough photographers here to justify a photographers competition, but I haven't been on in a long time and it will stay that way for a while because I'm really swamped with real life stuff right now.

Posted Image

Yunomi
    • Last active: May 15 2014 01:12 AM

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Np life happens just wanted to wait to see if it was open before I summit anything I will summit later tonight if that's ok.

HeY8oya.jpg

Eina

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

Np life happens just wanted to wait to see if it was open before I summit anything I will summit later tonight if that's ok.

Well that means 4 then so yay! I hope we can then start it up finally :) And get a new theme up *claps*

AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING

WAS ONCE A BEGINNER

Neurology
    • Last active: Jun 02 2016 04:24 PM

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

to bad that this competition is inactive :(

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif?t

Eina

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I agree with you there Neurology! I would love to see it up and running again it was the main reason I came to this site afterall, I barely post photographs myself because well I don't take photo's on a daily basis or they all look the same (take alot photo's from my hamster XD) but these Always challenge me to go futher and do something different yet.

AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING

WAS ONCE A BEGINNER

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

I agree with you there Neurology! I would love to see it up and running again it was the main reason I came to this site afterall, I barely post photographs myself because well I don't take photo's on a daily basis or they all look the same (take alot photo's from my hamster XD) but these Always challenge me to go futher and do something different yet.

I just like the competion , I photograph when I feel to and the weather allows me. You can whitout a competition do different things to! you just got to do it :p

Eina

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

I know but I just want to do something different then the photo's I make nowadays if you see it is like Hamster, hamster, something random, hamster, random, hamster, hamster, hamster...  It isn't that I don't make photo's I just would like to grow and I thought about a day challenge and such but idk I can't come up with themes and looked up a few but some I don't even know where to look to make so idk this was the only thing that kept me challenged or think about things like yeah that sounds good or so ya know :P

Maybe I should make a post and ask for a 30 day challenge or a 7 day challenge to start off with.

But yeah I did this for the competition also I liked it even though this was the 2nd time I could enter since first I wasn't here and 3rd one I wasn't at my own place so harder to submit anything but I like it and I would love it if it would continue it was something that for me made this site unique since I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

AN EXPERT IN ANYTHING

WAS ONCE A BEGINNER

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know but I just want to do something different then the photo's I make nowadays if you see it is like Hamster, hamster, something random, hamster, random, hamster, hamster, hamster...  It isn't that I don't make photo's I just would like to grow and I thought about a day challenge and such but idk I can't come up with themes and looked up a few but some I don't even know where to look to make so idk this was the only thing that kept me challenged or think about things like yeah that sounds good or so ya know :P

Maybe I should make a post and ask for a 30 day challenge or a 7 day challenge to start off with.

But yeah I did this for the competition also I liked it even though this was the 2nd time I could enter since first I wasn't here and 3rd one I wasn't at my own place so harder to submit anything but I like it and I would love it if it would continue it was something that for me made this site unique since I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

ah i misunderstood you then, anyway i would absolutly love a 30day challenge! we'll see

TheSimpson
    • Last active: Dec 13 2015 06:19 AM
      • LocationEstonia

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Let's wake this thread up?

XYlteYU.png

Neurology

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

Haiii, is this soon comming back active?

Unclemax
    • Last active: Dec 27 2015 02:44 PM
      • LocationMars

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

I wish to see this contest alive again...

dvlhqf.png

Thank you, Xtacy!

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

The Photography section here seems active enough to make an active competition out of this. Don't se why there isn't more activity here. :/ 

Muppie
    • Group: Contest Moderator
    • Title: Omigodilovemoosomuch
    • Last active: Dec 25 2015 02:05 PM
      • LocationHolland

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

The Photography section here seems active enough to make an active competition out of this. Don't se why there isn't more activity here. :/ 

I agree with you on this :D

Posted Image

http://muppiemaster.deviantart.com/

More than machinery we need humanity. -Charles Chaplin

Yang
    • Last active: Aug 12 2016 09:19 AM
      • LocationPlanet Earth

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

It could be themes that are trumping people. POTF themes are so hard to f*ck with so props to whoever's been doing this till now. You just gotta keep in mind that Photography is very limited, so it's best to keep it to themes that include things that everyone should have access to. Like... Fruit, toys, subjects you can find in your every day home.
And if you want to throw in the occasional fun theme try to make it inclusive for everyone. So for example... Rather than making a "Macro" theme, just say "Close-up"... This way it's more expansive because not everyone has access to macro modifiers or lenses. And this could be interpreted as... Close up portrait. Close up p[ets.... Whatever.
It's also a good idea to throw in a freestyle at LEAST an average of once every 4 weeks because too many restrictive themes get repetitive and boring. Think of your feestyles as refreshes for the community, and use them after you have an odd week where you get less than 3 submissions.

A few ideas you can play around with for POTF themes:
Black and White
REtouch (re-editing an old photo)
REtake (re-doing an old concept, theme, subject, whatever)
SOTC(straight out of the camera)
iPhoneography (smart phone photography. Really fun one in which everyone, not only the community shutterbugs can participate in)
Street(street photography)
Fly on the wall (candid photography)
Long Exposure
Moment (short exposure)
Self portrait

And you can also take community polls to get more ideas :)

Fireclaw
    • Group: VIP Member
    • Title: ∞ Infinite Darkness ∞
    • Last active: May 12 2015 04:33 PM

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

It could be themes that are trumping people. POTF themes are so hard to f*ck with so props to whoever's been doing this till now. You just gotta keep in mind that Photography is very limited, so it's best to keep it to themes that include things that everyone should have access to. Like... Fruit, toys, subjects you can find in your every day home.
And if you want to throw in the occasional fun theme try to make it inclusive for everyone. So for example... Rather than making a "Macro" theme, just say "Close-up"... This way it's more expansive because not everyone has access to macro modifiers or lenses. And this could be interpreted as... Close up portrait. Close up p[ets.... Whatever.
It's also a good idea to throw in a freestyle at LEAST an average of once every 4 weeks because too many restrictive themes get repetitive and boring. Think of your feestyles as refreshes for the community, and use them after you have an odd week where you get less than 3 submissions.

A few ideas you can play around with for POTF themes:
Black and White
REtouch (re-editing an old photo)
REtake (re-doing an old concept, theme, subject, whatever)
SOTC(straight out of the camera)
iPhoneography (smart phone photography. Really fun one in which everyone, not only the community shutterbugs can participate in)
Street(street photography)
Fly on the wall (candid photography)
Long Exposure
Moment (short exposure)
Self portrait

And you can also take community polls to get more ideas :)

Boop de boop. Baka's gonna kill me, but I'm gonna restart POTF starting next week. We'll see how it goes from there ;)

Also, Baka if you're reading this. You're a nub :(

Posted Image

SirMoo
    • Group: Admin
    • Title: Rawr! :3
    • Last active: Jan 30 2017 01:50 PM
      • LocationMexico

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Boop de boop. Baka's gonna kill me, but I'm gonna restart POTF starting next week. We'll see how it goes from there ;)

Also, Baka if you're reading this. You're a nub :(

Might as well. Just post in the admin section if you plan to do anything major different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users